Reducing falls is a global priority. The issue of building an infrastructure to accommodate an aging population is not unique simply to the United States. Other nations are making significant strides in fall prevention awareness and outreach.
Click a country below for a list of Fall Prevention efforts.
- Australian Government: Dept of Health and Ageing
- Health Insite
- Australian Capital Territory: Dept of Health
- National Falls Prevention for Older People Initiative
- Act Health
- Queensland Government-Health Services
- Queensland , Australia: State Wide Action Plan. (PDF)
- Victorian Government Health Information Website
- North Sydney, Australia
- NSW Health System
- Stand Up Right – Stay Upright!
- Active Aging Australia Inc.
- National Ageing Research Institute
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- The Division of Aging and Seniors, Public Health Agency of Canada | Fact Sheets
- Veterans Affairs Canada and Health Canada
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- British Columbia-Ministry of Health
- Canadian Task Force on Preventative Health Care (PDF)
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, Canada: Best Practice (PDF)
- The British Columbia Injury Research and Prevention Unit
- SmartRisk Navigator
- Vancouver Costal Health
- Social Planning Council for the North Okanagan
Community and Hospital