The Fall Prevention Center of Excellence includes the following partners:
- University of Southern California’s Andrus Gerontology Center (Andrus);
- The Center for Successful Aging (CSA) at California State University, Fullerton;
- The VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC);
- University of California Los Angeles, School of Medicine;
- The California Department of Public Health, Safe and Active Communities Branch (SACB).
Our vision is to create a Center of excellence to ensure the independence, safety, and well-being of older persons through fall prevention. Our mission is to provide leadership, create new knowledge, and develop sustainable programs for seniors and their families, professionals, program administrators, and policymakers. We seek to better understand and identify causes of falls and develop effective interventions at individual, program and systems levels.
Posted in: Website